Recent Posts

2.03.2011

In the Works, Me Mateys!


A little sewing project that I'm sandwiching in between the others...



An old childhood friend is having his first baby [hence my not being able to facebook this one! Dahhh!]  And it's a BOY!  I have never sewn anything for a lil' boy (!?!), so this has been really fun so far.  It was so sillyrefreshing to shop the fabric store for boy stuff... an unexplored territory of blue and robots and PIRATES!

Arrrrrrrr!

 

Look how fun!  I think this flannel is SO sweet - in a boy way.  Said friend lives in Hawaii, so this pirate print just hollered at me that it wanted to go live in Hawaii.   Not here:


Snow taller than Husband  :/


Ok fabric friend, you can go.  :)

This is the Hooded Towel and Washcloth Set, from the Purl Bee.  I've made this set once before, pre-blog, and loved the result.  If you knit or sew or do anything creative with your hands in general - you need to become a patron of the Purl Bee.  SUCH a beautiful Blog.  Loads upon loads of inspiration to be found there.

I have the two washcloths finished, I just need to sew the towel.  I cut it WAY too big!  I don't know how I did that, but I did.  It's like an adult sized beach towel.  But, no worries - tis better to have too much fabric than too little!

Finished product to follow!
Love to all!


2 comments:

  1. That snow is ridiculous in a bad way. The pirate fabric? Ridiculous in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you totally miss snow like this, don't even pretend. ;)

    And, I know! Those little pirates! Gah! :D Are you planning on adding to your gaggle of baby boys anytime soon!? ;D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...