Recent Posts

2.22.2011

Tuesday Temptations


This week I'm thinking function!

I want my new sewing room to be super organized and easy to work in.  So here are a few things I think will totally help make my sewing room easy to work in AND ultra organized!


*
My ironing board cover is super gnarly.  I've had one or two several Heat'n'Bond incidents over the course, so my current cover does not a lovely sewing room accent make.
  I'll spare you the visual.  Here is a scrumptious remedy from The Cupcake Goddess:

The Cupcake Goddess - Ironing Board Cover Tutorial

*
Since my new sewing room is scant on square footage, I need to get creative.  I can only fit so many desks, shelves, and ironing boards.  What to do?  Use the walls!  I LOVE this idea from The Mother Huddle - it's ingenious and will help me store and organize all the things that would normally clutter up my desk:

The Mother Huddle - Hanging Fabric Baskets

*
Seeing as how Emmy is oft covered from the knees down in thread and scraps, I believe it's high time to keep a tidier workspace.  That means blowing with all my might the flotsam and jetsam of a project off the desk is no longer going to be the way I 'clean'.  So this awesome little friend from Sew, Mama, Sew could be the perfect solution!  It's a weighted pincushion with a scrap/thread basket and little pockets for snips and the like.  Genius!  Here is Anna from Noodleheads' gorgeous version.  I LOVE it, and no more scrappy child underfoot! :)

Noodlehead - Weighted Pincushion
 

So those are this weeks Temptations!  I do believe I will be making ALL of them!

Love to all!  And stay tuned for a new tutorial later today!  :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...